Who we are
The Lingfy.com website (‘Website’) is operated by LINGFY, Unipessoal Lda, Tax ID Number 514273925 and headquartered in Rua Espargo de Baixo 633 2º Rec., 4520-107 Santa Maria da Feira, Portugal. When you provide personal data to LINGFY and/or through the Website, Clients or Translators (both referred to as ‘Users’) authorize that their personal data is processed by LINGFY under the terms and conditions described below.
- (a) Clients: Name, email address, telephone number, home and/or business address, Taxpayer ID (TIN/UTR) and detailed data of the requested service(s);
- (b) Translators: name, email address, telephone number, billing address, Taxpayer ID (TIN/UTR), CV, diplomas and relevant certificates. The data provided by Translators is always available to LINGFY and we may contact them to clarify any doubts.
1.2 Any information on the LINGFY Website cannot be disclosed without our own express consent and/or of those who supplied the information and always in strict compliance with legal obligations applicable to the case.
1.3 The information obtained through the use of the LINGFY Website may only be used for the purpose of fulfilling a particular service or request, not for any other purpose or disclosed in any way, unless expressly authorized by the person who provided that information and for the purposes previously determined.
3. Personal Data Collection including email address
3.1 When you choose to order/purchase services on the Website or to receive additional information from LINGFY, Users may be asked to provide the following personal data: name, home and/or business address, email address, phone number and payment details. LINGFY may also request demographic information from Users so it can provide more personalized services. The provided information will be stored manually or by electronically means at LINGFY’s databases. LINGFY may supplement the User provided information with data collected from third parties, such as, for example, if a zip code is wrong, then LINGFY may rely on third parties to correct this data.
4. Use of Personal Data
4.1 The provided Personal Data will be used by LINGFY to provide the requested services. The Client shall only be requested personal data strictly necessary and relevant to the provision of services. The information will be sent by LINGFY to the address or the email address provided by Clients. LINGFY may also request and collect the User’s personal data for the following purposes: to send information about new products; regular updates that LINGFY considers to be of interest to Users; to send requested information about products and services; for purposes of market research and marketing; for internal use when administering the Website and improving the provided services.
5.1 If the User wants to stop receiving emails from LINGFY and wishes to be removed from the mailing list, the User must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Mailing Cancellation’. 5.2 If you also wish to be removed from the post mailing list, you can also use the above email address, writing on the subject ‘Post Mailing Cancellation’ or alternatively by writing to our headquarters.
6. Collection of anonymous data via the Website
6.1 In addition to the collection of data by the means above listed, LINGFY uses technology that allows the collection of information about the Users of the Website. For example, the Website server automatically collects which pages you visited, the User IP address and what the browser he/she used. This technology does not identify you personally, serving only for statistical purposes.
6.2 The Website contains hyperlinks to other pages on our website. It may be also used technology to monitor the frequency in which these links are clicked and used and which pages have more views. Once again, this technology does not identify you personally; it is simply used for statistical purposes.
7.1 In order to collect the information mentioned in the previous paragraph, we might use temporary ‘cookies’ that will be stored on the User’s’ browser’s cookie files until the program is closed. Cookies by themselves cannot identify Users. A cookie is a small piece of information sent to the User’s server and stored on the hard drive of your computer, without causing any damage to it. Users can program their browsers so they are notified when they receive cookies, so they might choose to accept or reject them.
7.2 We also access the User’s IP address to help diagnose problems with your server and to administer our Website. The IP address is a numeric code that identifies a computer on the network, or in this case, the Internet. The User’s IP address is also used to collect demographic information. We can also carry out IP research to determine which domain the user was directed from (i.e.: yourcompany.com) to better assess the User’s demographic data.
8. Disclosure of Personal Data
8.1 LINGFY does not share, sell or distribute the collected personal data to third parties that have no relation with the provision of services, unless otherwise stated and in the following situations:
- (a) To provide the user with information or products ordered, the provided Personal Data may be transferred or shared with other companies belonging to LINGFY group or third parties acting on behalf of LINGFY for posterior processing, in accordance with the purposes for which the data was collected or in cases where it was previously authorised by Users. For example, a third party may have access to personal data to provide support to the information technology or to manage the correspondence on behalf of LINGFY.
- (b) the provided contact details will be kept in our database and can be used to occasionally send you information by email or post mail about products and services similar to those ordered by Users, which are considered to be interesting to them. If you do not wish to receive this kind of information, you should proceed according to what is described in clause ‘5. Cancellation’. In cases where Users have previously agreed, their Personal Data may be shared with other companies belonging to LINGFY group or disclose such data to other companies who may contact you about their products or services that may be interesting to you.
- (c) LINGFY may share, transfer, or disclose the information from its database and server logs in cases where it is legally enforceable, in the administration of justice, interacting with databases against fraud, to protect the User’s vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or the Website, to take measures against legal liability, or in the case of the sale, merger, reorganization or dissolution of LINGFY. LINGFY will inform Users in case of data transfer or disclosure, as legally required.
- (d) Where appropriate, before disclosing Personal Data to a third party, LINGFY shall contractually establish with the third party the obligation to take all necessary measures to protect the data received and comply with applicable legislation on this matter.
- (e) In all other cases required by law.
9. Data access and corrections
9.1 To correct/amend their personal data, Users must access their personal account or by emailing their requests to email@example.com indicating which data they want to change. We are also available to correct and delete any incorrect Personal Data.
10. Links to other websites
11. Transfer of Data Abroad
11.1 If the User is located in a different country than that in which the servers of the Website are located, communications may result in information transferences beyond borders.
12. Applicable Law